A Quick Overview of Stainless Steel HoppersBlog | August 6th, 2021
When it comes to containing and protecting products from contaminants, various industries have turned to different storage solutions. One of these storage solutions is stainless steel hoppers.
The use of stainless steel hoppers has been common among industries for a long time. Generally, they have been utilised by industries in a lot of their vital processes due to their effectiveness and functionality. Generally, they have enough space for storing light-duty or heavy-duty products. Once these products are needed, the hoppers can dispense them from the bottom without any issues.
Understanding the Basics of Hoppers
Understanding the basics of hoppers allows you to appreciate their associated functions. Hoppers, by definition, are cone or pyramidal-shaped containers that can hold particulate matter for a specific amount of time before dispending them from the bottom whenever they are needed. Some of the most common products that can be added and dispensed in hoppers are dust, gravel, seeds, nuts, assembly components, and other similar materials.
Hoppers can be made from plastic or metal. Plastic hoppers may be great for light-duty loads given their strong properties. Metal hoppers, however, tend to be favoured by many industries given their durability, versatility, and longevity. They can even cater to both light-duty and heavy-duty loads.
Generating Stainless Steel Hoppers
One type of metal that can be used for hoppers is stainless steel. What is great about stainless steel is that it can be manipulated by different processes, ensuring that specific types of hoppers can be made.
Some fabrication methods that can be used in generating stainless steel hoppers are laser cutting, press brake, machining, welding, and finishing details. Most of these processes can effectively come up with hoppers that can match the specifications and applications of industries. If some of the industries have to deal with food products, then the stainless steel hoppers have to contain a glass bead blasted polish.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Hoppers
Now aside from being flexible, stainless steel hoppers can boast more benefits to industries.
For one, stainless steel hoppers are known for being hygienic. The presence of elements such as chromium, nickel, and molybdenum can improve the durability of stainless steel hoppers. And as they become more durable, they can easily prevent microbes from infiltrating their surface. Aside from being hygienic, the existence of these elements on these hoppers also makes them resistant to damages. Some sources of damage that these hoppers can withstand include corrosion, heat, and moisture.
The customisability of stainless steel hoppers likewise makes them great for industries. With the right fabrication processes and stainless steel material, hoppers can effectively boast perfect dimensions and properties for specific applications. Stainless steel hoppers can even have variations in shape.
If you want to know more about stainless steel hoppers, you can contact us at McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators. We are a Melbourne-based sheet metal fabrication and steel supply Australian company committed to superior customer satisfaction by providing the product you want, when you want it, at an agreeable price. Our products, services and business practices are always of the highest quality, meeting and often exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Top 4 Benefits of Adding Handrails on Your Property
- A Quick Overview of Stainless Steel Hoppers
- Popular Industries that Maximise Laser Cutting Services
- Achieving Significant Savings with Zincalume® Steel
- How Can Quality Tool Boxes Improve Tool Organisation of Various Businesses?
- 5 Most Notable Facts About Sheetmetal Fabrication
- How to Choose the Best Electrical Cabinet for Your Property?
- Elements to Consider in Choosing a Plasma Cutter
- Mild Steel vs. Stainless Steel: Choosing the Best Material for Fabrication Processes
- Understanding the Benefits of Press Brake in Shaping Metals
- CNC Laser Cutting Basics: Understanding How it Works
- Functions and Applications of Sheet Metal Notchers
- Stainless Sheet Metal Fabrication for the Food Service Industry
- A Quick Overview About Spot Welding
- Metal Fabrication Finishing Process: What are the Advantages of Powder Coating?
- 4 Common Materials Used for Metal Fabrication Processes
- Factors to a Successful Metal Fabrication Project
- Incorporating High-Quality Handrails on Your Property
- Primary Features and Uses of GALVABOND Steel
- Important Safety Tips When Working with Metal