Is There a Required Thickness for Steel Floor Plates?Blog | February 27th, 2019
When it comes time to get to work, you need to know that you have the right materials for the job. One of the most common materials that we get asked about is our steel floor plates. When purchasing steel plates for your elevated platforms or utility vehicles, you have to account for a variety of different small details. Today, we are going to be taking aim at the required thickness level of your steel floor plates. More specifically, we’re going to tell you if there is a minimum thickness that your steel floor plates should be.
Required Steel Floor Plate Thickness
Steel floor plates are also commonly known as tread plates. These flat sheets of steel are typically elevated off of the ground when installed. Tread plates feature a special pattern that helps to give extra traction to the person walking on them, thus making these plates ideal for worksites and trailer environments. You can find steel floor plating in all manner of different places, from your utility vehicle to rooms and vehicles that deliver foods and drinks to businesses around the country. This style of flooring is incredibly durable and lightweight, yet people still wonder if there is a minimum required thickness for the material. Let’s go ahead and broach that topic below.
1) Does my steel floor plate need to be a certain thickness?
The answer to this question really just depends on what kind of situation you are using the steel floor plates in. You can get steel floor plates to fit just about any measurement that you want, based around the width and height of the material. For extended platforms that you anticipate having to endure heavy loads, you’ll want a thicker cut. For surfaces where you do not anticipate heavier burdens, you can get away with a thinner and more superficial cut.
2) How do I select my plate thickness?
As we noted above, the thickness of your steel plate will depend greatly on the application that you are targeting. Talk to one of our qualified agents here at McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators and they’ll be able to guide you through the process toward getting the perfect thickness for your specific needs.
McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators
When it comes to getting the job done, McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators is the only company for the job. Since 1989, we have been serving Melbourne and the surrounding area the kind of high-quality workmanship that our customers need in order to get their projects done the right way. For all of your steel floor plate needs, you can give us a call today.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Cutting-Edge Technology of Laser Cutting
- The Significance of Sheet Metal Fabrication in the Food Industry
- 4 Qualities to Consider when Choosing Electrical Cabinets
- All the Advantages and Applications of Spot Welding
- Keep Your Building Safe from Elements with Colorbond Roofing
- Avoid Unforeseen Expenses on Your Production by Investing in Machine Safety Guards
- Custom Metal Fabrication Quality Control
- How Can Your Property Take Advantage of Metal Staircases and Stair Rails?
- Key Information about Plasma Cutters You Should Know
- All the Features and Applications of ZINCALUME® Steel
- Ensure the Safety of Your Property by Installing Quality Handrails
- Ensure the Safety of Your Workplace by Investing in Quality Machine Guards
- A Quick Introduction to TIG Welding and Its Applications
- 5 Key Benefits of Using Perforated Metals
- Get to Know the Working Principles of a Press Brake
- Things to Consider in Choosing a Metal Fabrication Service for Your Laser Cutting Project
- Key Advantages of Installing Metal Stairs and Stair Treads
- What is the Purpose of Galvanising Steel Products?
- Notable Benefits and Applications of Plasma Cutting Machines
- Top 4 Benefits of Adding Handrails on Your Property