Perforated Sheet Metal Products and Materials: Common Uses and ApplicationsBlog | December 7th, 2018
Perforated sheet metal is a special type of metal that has been stamped, punched or otherwise fabricated into a pattern featuring holes or cut-outs. Typically this process is done by a machine that is operated by a specialty fabrication company. Perforated sheet metal is used for a wide variety of different products in as many different industries as you could possibly name. While perforated sheet metal might not be a widely known term, it is definitely an important one. Today, we are going to outline some of the most common uses and applications of perforated sheet metal in today’s major industries.
Perforated Sheet Metal – Uses and Applications
Perforated sheet metal is absolutely integral to a number of different major industries which we will get into at a later point in this discussion. We want to first start by pointing out that perforated metal can be comprised of a variety of different metal components. From stainless steel and galvanized steel to aluminium, copper, and titanium, the choices can seem endless. The type of metal that you choose for perforation will depend on your industry and the application that you are aiming it toward.
Typically, perforated sheet metal is revered due to the fact that the process has been perfected to such a degree that production is quick and painless. The major contributing factors to production include the gauge of the metal, the size of the perforation, the type of metal that you choose and where the perforated metal will be installed or otherwise utilised.
Now that we have an idea as to how perforated metal is put together, we can outline some of the key uses and applications that it can commonly be associated with. Let’s start by highlighting a couple of the major industries that rely on perforated metal in order to get their goods and services to market.
1) Architecture – Perforated metal is essential when designing signs, cladding and infill panels.
2) Food & Beverage – There is almost no end to the different elements of the food and beverage production industry that utilises perforated metal. You’ll find perforated metal to be integral to developing vegetable presses, cheese molds and grain dyers to at least begin with. Perforated sheet metal can be found in every major food and beverage warehouse in the world.
3) Automobile Industry – Perforated sheet metal is also ideal for use in the auto production world. You’ll see perforated metal any time that you look underneath the hood or inside of a vehicle. From radiator grilles to engine ventilation and air filtration, perforated sheet metal gets the job done.
When you need perforated sheet metal, only one team can help you today: McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators. We are based in Melbourne and have been working in the industry since 1989. We are committed to providing you the quality goods and services that you require, so call us today!
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- 4 Common Materials Used for Metal Fabrication Processes
- Factors to a Successful Metal Fabrication Project
- Incorporating High-Quality Handrails on Your Property
- Primary Features and Uses of GALVABOND Steel
- Important Safety Tips When Working with Metal
- Custom Fabricated Floor Plates: Functions and Applications
- Structural Steel Fabrication Using Plasma Cutting Technology
- The Benefits and Limitations of Laser Cutting
- Understanding What Plasma Cutting is All About
- Best Practices for Welding Stainless Steel
- Sheetmetal Fabrication Across Different Industries: Choose McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators
- How Sheet Metal Cutting / Shearing Works in Metal Fabrication
- Metal Fabrication Projects that Make Stainless Steel as the Best Material Choice
- Guillotine Cutting Services Explained
- What are the 3 Common Methods Used for Welding Stainless Steel?
- Customised Safety Machine Guards: The Importance of High Quality Fabrication Job
- Laser Cutting Technology and Its Advantages
- Trailer Fabrication: The Importance of Weld Joint Efficiency
- Machine Safety Guard Installation: Why Is This An Essential Safety Feature?
- Why Choose Laser Cutting for Your Next Metal Fabrication