Plasma Cutting Services: What is it all about?Blog | December 13th, 2018
Plasma cutting is a specialised service that has been used in industries all throughout the world. Plasma cutting offers a great range of benefits to customers who need items fabricated for them in a fast, effective and customised way. While plasma cutting has become one of the tentpoles of the fabrication industry, far too few people have a working knowledge of the actual process itself. Today, we are going to outline what plasma cutting is and how it can help you with your fabrication needs.
What Is Plasma Cutting
Plasma cutting is a process that requires the utilisation of a ‘fourth’ state of matter: plasma. Beyond solid, liquid and gas there is plasma. As you know, matter changes based on the introduction of heat. Ice can turn to water. Water can turn to steam. Steam can become ionized whereupon it will turn into plasma. A plasma cutter harnesses this energy and directs it toward a specific design, thus allowing you to fabricate what you want. Now that we understand how plasma cutting works, what are the tangible benefits of plasma cutting services?
1) Versatility – First and foremost, plasma cutting opens up an entire world of versatility in terms of what you cut and how effectively your product turns out. Plasma cutting can be used with just about every type of metal that there is, from iron and steel to aluminum and brass. Plasma can cut through upwards of 5 inches of metal at once.
2) Precise Cuts – Plasma cutting machines are designed to be exact and perfect. Once you program in your preferred cut, the machine takes over the rest of the process. With a plasma cutting team on your side, you can guarantee that you will get the parts fabricated that you need, in the way that you need them.
3) Efficient & Economical – Finally, we have to point out just how efficient and economical plasma cutting services are. Plasma cutters are portable and programmable which means that they can be taken anywhere and used anywhere. Plasma cutters are also able to cut up to 500 inches per minute which makes them exceptionally fast. Plasma cutters give you fast and accurate cuts, thus saving you time and money throughout the process. Plasma cutters are also more affordable than laser or water jet cutting, which are two popular alternatives.
Plasma cutting services are working to change the way that the fabrication industry works. If you have a project that you need to be accomplished, contact us here at McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators. We’ll be happy to help you with all of your plasma cutting needs.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- 5 Most Notable Facts About Sheetmetal Fabrication
- How to Choose the Best Electrical Cabinet for Your Property?
- Elements to Consider in Choosing a Plasma Cutter
- Mild Steel vs. Stainless Steel: Choosing the Best Material for Fabrication Processes
- Understanding the Benefits of Press Brake in Shaping Metals
- CNC Laser Cutting Basics: Understanding How it Works
- Functions and Applications of Sheet Metal Notchers
- Stainless Sheet Metal Fabrication for the Food Service Industry
- A Quick Overview About Spot Welding
- Metal Fabrication Finishing Process: What are the Advantages of Powder Coating?
- 4 Common Materials Used for Metal Fabrication Processes
- Factors to a Successful Metal Fabrication Project
- Incorporating High-Quality Handrails on Your Property
- Primary Features and Uses of GALVABOND Steel
- Important Safety Tips When Working with Metal
- Custom Fabricated Floor Plates: Functions and Applications
- Structural Steel Fabrication Using Plasma Cutting Technology
- The Benefits and Limitations of Laser Cutting
- Understanding What Plasma Cutting is All About
- Best Practices for Welding Stainless Steel