Laser Cutting Services: Tips to Effective Laser Cutting of Sheet MetalsBlog | January 15th, 2019
The wide world of metal fabrication has changed in foundational ways over the years. Nowadays, more and more companies are turning to the work that laser cutting services can provide. Laser cutting is a workhorse in the field of metal fabrication due to the fact that they are high-speed, efficient, and effective devices. While laser cutting has continually been touted as one of the most effective methods of metal fabrication, you still need to approach the topic with some knowledge. Today, we’ll be highlighting a few effective tips to improve the quality of your sheet metal laser cutting.
Sheet Metal Laser Cutting Tips
If you want to succeed as a machinist in the modern world of metal fabrication, you’ve come to the right place. At some point in time, you’ll need to depend on your laser cutting machine in order to fabricate the perfect quality of cut that your client or business personally will need. When the time comes to fire up your lasers, you’ll want to follow the advice we list below in order to maximise the quality of your cut.
1) Be Patient on Your Final Cut – The final cut is often the hardest, even when you are working with high-quality lasers. Thankfully, as long as you are prepared for the final cut, you’ll be okay. In order to get a high-quality final cut, take your time before committing to the final run through. Pause before you finish your last cut and then slowly, without speeding up, finish the process.
2) Improve Metal Grade – You can dramatically improve the quality of your laser cutting by opting to employ high-quality metal. Laser cutting machines can handle a wide range of different metal thicknesses. Don’t feel compelled to work with the cheaper metals when you don’t have to. Carefully select higher grade metal for your work and your cutting will improve because of it.
3) Upgrade Your Nozzles – In order to accommodate the quality of your desired cut, you may be required to upgrade the nozzles that you are using on your laser. Research and development into nozzle upgrades have been dramatic over the past decade which has led to huge improvements within the industry. The right nozzle will allow for optimal dynamics in regards to your flowrate, thus allowing your cut to be more effective and clean than before. Take some time to reference your nozzles, what you are running your laser with, and all available upgrades.
Laser cutting is easy, but it isn’t automatic. Take time to consider ways that you can better approach your laser cutting services. You can also contact our team at McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators for all of your fabrication and cutting needs.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- CNC Laser Cutting Basics: Understanding How it Works
- Functions and Applications of Sheet Metal Notchers
- Stainless Sheet Metal Fabrication for the Food Service Industry
- A Quick Overview About Spot Welding
- Metal Fabrication Finishing Process: What are the Advantages of Powder Coating?
- 4 Common Materials Used for Metal Fabrication Processes
- Factors to a Successful Metal Fabrication Project
- Incorporating High-Quality Handrails on Your Property
- Primary Features and Uses of GALVABOND Steel
- Important Safety Tips When Working with Metal
- Custom Fabricated Floor Plates: Functions and Applications
- Structural Steel Fabrication Using Plasma Cutting Technology
- The Benefits and Limitations of Laser Cutting
- Understanding What Plasma Cutting is All About
- Best Practices for Welding Stainless Steel
- Sheetmetal Fabrication Across Different Industries: Choose McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators
- How Sheet Metal Cutting / Shearing Works in Metal Fabrication
- Metal Fabrication Projects that Make Stainless Steel as the Best Material Choice
- Guillotine Cutting Services Explained
- What are the 3 Common Methods Used for Welding Stainless Steel?