What is Light Engineering and the Work it Entails?Blog | May 6th, 2019
Light engineering is a vital sub-industry located beneath the general metal fabrication industry. Light engineering is absolutely vital for a number of different sectors. If you might be interested in the light engineering services that are offered at McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators, you’ll likely want to know a little bit more. Today, we are going to outline what light engineering is, as well as all of the work that goes into providing the service. Light engineering is a massive umbrella, so let’s dig right into the details.
Light Engineering: What Is It?
Light engineering is a vital subcategory within the fabrication world. Light engineering is a derivative of heavy engineering and while that may seem obvious, there are a wealth of differences below the surface. When we talk about heavy engineering, we are essentially talking about engineering that revolves around raw materials. Heavy engineering basically encapsulates the entire process. Light engineering, however, is a little different and much simpler. For light engineering, you’ll be working with pre-fabricated products in order to fit them into their desired final output.
1) What specifically does a light engineer do?
Light engineering revolves around fairly focused metalwork. From the installation of metal products, to repairing and even fabricating them, a light engineer will handle it all. Light engineering can be absolutely vital for a number of industries, from construction to commercial processing.
2) What knowledge is required for light engineering?
Light engineering is actually a relatively deep sub-industry. Light engineering requires professional workers who are able to work with instruction, manipulate metal, and cater to the needs of their clients. Anything from creating girders to repairing vents can fall under the purview of a light engineer.
3) Why do I need light engineering help?
Whether you work in processing or you run a commercial kitchen, light engineering can be a boon to your business. Light engineering is all about fabricating small machines and pieces of equipment in order to help clients satisfy their needs. Light engineering work may be simpler than heavy engineering, but it is no less important. Quality light engineering services can be absolutely instrumental to the success of a variety of different businesses.
The McKean Sheetmetal Difference
McKean’s Sheetmetal Fabricators has been serving Australia since 1989. Based out of Melbourne, our company was founded by Trevor McKean. With decades of experience on our side, we are more than ready to help you out with any of your metalworking needs. Whether you need heavy-duty fabrication or light engineering work, our team is the only team that you can trust with your work. Call us today for a consultation!
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- 5 Most Notable Facts About Sheetmetal Fabrication
- How to Choose the Best Electrical Cabinet for Your Property?
- Elements to Consider in Choosing a Plasma Cutter
- Mild Steel vs. Stainless Steel: Choosing the Best Material for Fabrication Processes
- Understanding the Benefits of Press Brake in Shaping Metals
- CNC Laser Cutting Basics: Understanding How it Works
- Functions and Applications of Sheet Metal Notchers
- Stainless Sheet Metal Fabrication for the Food Service Industry
- A Quick Overview About Spot Welding
- Metal Fabrication Finishing Process: What are the Advantages of Powder Coating?
- 4 Common Materials Used for Metal Fabrication Processes
- Factors to a Successful Metal Fabrication Project
- Incorporating High-Quality Handrails on Your Property
- Primary Features and Uses of GALVABOND Steel
- Important Safety Tips When Working with Metal
- Custom Fabricated Floor Plates: Functions and Applications
- Structural Steel Fabrication Using Plasma Cutting Technology
- The Benefits and Limitations of Laser Cutting
- Understanding What Plasma Cutting is All About
- Best Practices for Welding Stainless Steel